The Drumm House was built in 1763 by Sir William Johnson for his first school teacher, Edward Wall. Johnson opened the first school west of the Hudson River. It was one of six or so homes built by Johnson in the early period of settlement. All of them were 1.5 stories high and painted yellow. Located on the corner of West Green and N. William Street, it is one of the oldest buildings in Johnstown and is owned by the Johnstown Historical Society.